Audio beacon guiding system Sagitone
Sound guidance system to improve the autonomy of the visually impaired in public places.
A visually impaired person, standing at a crosswalk, activates the audio beacon using a universal remote. A short, clear audio message is then issued by the audio beacon. This, added to the guide path, allows the visually impaired to walk around independently.
Active Audio has created this sound guidance system with Sectronic. The audio beacon has 2 different functions:
Localisation audio beacon
located above entry doors, service counters and cash registers, they issue the name of the place or service.
Orientation audio beacon or audio arrows*
used as a group of 4 or 5 audio beacons, they give a choice between different directions. The group is orchestrated so that every message is well separated from the other and the information is clear.
*This function has been created with SNCF to satisfy the stations specific needs. It’s protected by a patent under the name of SNCF.
Why use them ?
To help the visually impaired in accessing public places.
Obligation under the European Council directive – 2000/78/EC of the 27th of November 2000, establishing a general framework for equal treatment in employment and occupation, in guaranteeing equal opportunities for all and strong contribution to the full participation of all citizens in cultural and social life.
Where can this be used?
The audio beacons can be used inside and outside:
Train stations, airports, public transports, traffic lights, dangerous crossings…
How does it work ?
An adaptable product
- Messages are dispatched by Ethernet, loaded in permanent memory.
- The audio beacons setting is by a computer software and connection between the beacon and the computer is via Ethernet cable
- Audio beacon synchronisation possible when in the same detection field
- Can switch possible between two pre-recorded messages using a remote switch
- Compatibility with all standard remotes for visually impaired according to standard NFS32-002
- Adjustment of the remote detection range
- The Active Gain Control function allows the sound pressure level adjustment to the ambient noise thanks to a microphone located in the audio beacon.
The Sagitone advantages
- Connection to the computer and settings easy and free
- Personalized recorded message (format wav ou mp3)
- Solar collector power on option when no power supply is available nearby
- Professional audio quality
- Easy set up
- Connection between the audio beacon and the computer via Ethernet cable, removed once the setting is done.
Examples of installations
Retrieve Sagitone products on the website handicap.fr